Okay, I’m so over this “War on Women.”
It’s a completely bogus concept. It’s not remotely true. But the Democrat establishment has done a great job propagating it, and the liberal media was all too happy to run with it.
Actually, the conservative media ran with it, too. I can’t believe how much coverage Fox News devoted to such a stupid issue. Republicans are not trying to ban contraception. They just aren’t. But hey, why let reality get in the way of a juicy news cycle?
If you’ve watched any TV over the past couple months, you know exactly what I’m talking about. Have we heard news about the economy or jobs or the national debt? Of course not. The media is intent on keeping us distracted, finding as many shiny objects as they can to keep conservatives off message.
Contraception? Pornography? Stand your ground laws? These are not issues we need to be focusing on. It’s time for us to get disciplined and start controlling our short attention spans.
None of these sideshow stories are accidental. This is an organized effort to preserve Barack Obama’s presidency. Well, guess what? Here at Conservatives Under 30, we’re not falling for it.
It’s time for us to go on the offensive.
It’s time for us to start talking about the “Liberal War on Families.”
What is the Liberal War on Families, you ask? It’s the systematic destruction of the family through so-called “progressive” policies that are crushing the American economy with the ultimate goal of destroying the ideals that make this country great. It’s an assault on American exceptionalism and pride.
Does anyone actually believe Obama’s economic failure is by accident? Of course not. This is an academic experiment designed to get more and more people dependent on government, ensuring that the American dream of rugged individualism and success through excellence is over forever. This is the advent of socialism.
How is this a Liberal War on Families? Take a look.
- CRIPPLING UNEMPLOYMENT — Democrats have done nothing to stop crippling unemployment, and it’s tearing families apart. People are struggling to put food on the table, yet Democrats insist on playing political blame games in Washington instead of doing what’s necessary to get people back to work. In fact, they’re trying to make things even worse by raising taxes across the board and instituting their government health care takeover that will cost millions of jobs.
- HIGHER INFLATION — Government economists love to pretend there’s no inflation, but those of us living paycheck to paycheck know differently. Because of out-of-control government spending, the dollar has massively depreciated, and we’re seeing the results at the gas pump and in the grocery store. A deflated dollar results in higher commodity prices, and while inflation indexes don’t account for this, working people making tough budget decisions definitely do.
- SKYROCKETING ENERGY PRICES — The price of gas deserves its own entry because this crisis could have easily been avoided. In an effort to placate the environmental lobby, President Obama unnecessarily placed a moratorium on offshore drilling. Additionally, burdensome regulations have been placed on the energy sector. Obama is making every effort to demonize oil and bankrupt coal, just like he said he would on the campaign.
- IGNORING MEDICARE/SOCIAL SECURITY — Washington Democrats love scoring political points off of Medicare and Social Security. They clearly don’t care about the programs themselves, as they refuse to acknowledge the obvious need for reform. Both Medicare and Social Security are set for bankruptcy in the next two decades, and Democrats insist on “protecting” the programs by doing nothing. That’s just disgraceful.
- PASSING OFF THE DEBT PROBLEM — What about our children and grandchildren? As Conservatives Under 30, we’re obviously very concerned about the toll our massive national debt will eventually take on our nation. Will our children and grandchildren even get the opportunity to have a better America than us? If we don’t address out-of-control government spending, the answer is no.
Let’s focus on the issues that matter. Barack Obama’s presidency has been an absolute failure on economic issues, so why let the media control our messaging? Let’s talk about his failures. Let’s talk about the Liberal War on Families.
It’s up to us. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to tell my grandchildren that we failed. I want to tell them how we saved America.